Monday, February 28, 2011

Spring is on its way but what’s next


Spring is on its way, but what does summer hold? I am skeptical this year. Normally, I am excited that spring is coming, because summer always has the promise of a new year, a new season, but what does fall hold? Last year, ‘fall’ saw the ‘Fall’ of our economy, our way of life and just about everything is about to change. The future will definitely never be the same again. We are in transition, but our future is not going to be even similar to our past. 
Change is inevitable. We grow older, we change. Our values change. Society changes, our children grow and change, causing us to change. We learn new language  from our children, we learn new games, and even embrace new tech from our children. I never thought I would ever find myself saying this - but what does the future hold for my son? 
Pessimism is not my strength. I prefer the sun filled future of new adventures, new mountains to climb, new ocean reefs to explore, new roads to travel and new motorcycles to purchase. I dream of sipping orange juice while eating breakfast over the Serengheti in a hot air balloon. I dream of drinking tea with my wife at base camp (Himalayas), of sailing a Catamaran on the Red Sea, of once again swimming with whale sharks off the African coast, but with pirates that may not be possible ever again!
What does the future hold? Of one thing I am sure - I seriously doubt whether anybody can really know with any certainty what the future holds. We can speculate and dream, but right now, our future seems to be less bright that ever before. I take solace in this one fact from history. When the earth is at its worst sociologically is when God moves the greatest mountains. Evry time the earth needs a miracle, a man of God stands up to lead with boldness and outspoken leadership. I pray that the Christian world receives the next generation of leadership that is coming to the foreground... 

No comments:

Post a Comment